I just got information that Fyodor has released Nmap version 5.20.
It offers more than 150 significant improvements, including:
- 30+ new Nmap Scripting Engine scripts
- enhanced performance and reduced memory consumption
- protocol-specific payloads for more effectie UDP scanning
- a completely rewritten traceroute engine
- massive OS and version detection DB updates (10,000+ signatures)
You can find out more about this in the CHANGELOG
UPDATE: On Jan. 27, 2010, Fyodor released Nmap 5.21, it’s a bug-fix release.