In RSA Conference 2009, Microsoft has unveiled several security improvements in Windows 7.
Here is the list :
- Multiple Active Firewall Policies. This enables user PC to obtain and apply domain firewall profile information regardless of other networks that may be active on the PC.
- DirectAccess. It lets mobile workers connect quickly and securely to a corporate network over any Internet connection, without having to manually access their virtual private network.
- BitLocker. It now allows end users to right-click on a drive to quickly enable it.
- BitLocker To Go. It’s an extension to BitLocker that allows users to encrypt the disk volume of removable storage devices with a password and/or a digital certificate stored on a smart card.
- AppLocker. It allows IT to specify what is allowed to run on each user’s PC.
- Network Access Protection. This allows IT to create solutions to validate computers that connect to their network and limit the access or communication of noncompliant computers.
- MS Asset Inventory Service. It allows our IT a comprehensive view of the enterprise desktop software environment.
- User Access Control. Now it has fewer UAC prompts.
You can get more information on Windows Security Blog.